- Enable -march and -mtune options for AMD's new AMDFAM10 processor.
- Add AMDFAM10 tuning to the vectorizer.
- Add AMDFAM10 tuning to the x86/x86_64 string routines expansion and automatic prefetching patches.
- Harsha Jagasia, Rajagopal Dwarak, Evandro Menezes, Michael Meissner
- We expect the patches to be incrementally ready between now and mid-December’06. Most of the march/-mtune and vectorizer patches are already stable in our internal tree.
- GCC will gain the ability to generate code tuned for AMD's new AMDFAM10 processor and generate new instructions supported on AMDFAM10.
- Prefetching improvements project by Zdenek Dvorak.
- Memcpy/memset optimizations by Honza.
- The changes are mostly confined to the i386 backend.