184.108.40.206 Files Created by
Here we spell out what files will be set up by configure in the
gcc directory. Some other files are created as temporary files
in the configuration process, and are not used in the subsequent
build; these are not documented.
- Makefile is constructed from Makefile.in, together with
the host and target fragments (see Makefile
Fragments) t-target and x-host from
config, if any, and language Makefile fragments
- auto-host.h contains information about the host machine
determined by configure. If the host machine is different from
the build machine, then auto-build.h is also created,
containing such information about the build machine.
- config.status is a script that may be run to recreate the
- configargs.h is a header containing details of the arguments
passed to configure to configure GCC, and of the thread model
- cstamp-h is used as a timestamp.
- If a language config-lang.in file (see The Front End config-lang.in File) sets
the files listed in
outputs there are also generated.
The following configuration headers are created from the Makefile,
using mkconfig.sh, rather than directly by configure.
config.h, bconfig.h and tconfig.h all contain the
xm-machine.h header, if any, appropriate to the host,
build and target machines respectively, the configuration headers for
the target, and some definitions; for the host and build machines,
these include the autoconfigured headers generated by
configure. The other configuration headers are determined by
config.gcc. They also contain the typedefs for
- config.h, for use in programs that run on the host machine.
- bconfig.h, for use in programs that run on the build machine.
- tconfig.h, for use in programs and libraries for the target
- tm_p.h, which includes the header machine-protos.h
that contains prototypes for functions in the target
machine.c file. The header machine-protos.h
can include prototypes of functions that use rtl and tree data
structures inside appropriate
#ifdef RTX_CODE and
TREE_CODE conditional code segements. The
machine-protos.h is included after the rtl.h
and/or tree.h would have been included. The tm_p.h also
includes the header tm-preds.h which is generated by
genpreds program during the build to define the declarations
and inline functions for the predicate functions.