18.104.22.168 The Front End language Directory
A front end language directory contains the source files
of that front end (but not of any runtime libraries, which should be
outside the gcc directory). This includes documentation, and
possibly some subsidiary programs built alongside the front end.
Certain files are special and other parts of the compiler depend on
- This file is required in all language subdirectories. See The Front End config-lang.in File, for details of
- This file is required in all language subdirectories. See The Front End Make-lang.in File, for details of its
- This file registers the set of switches that the front end accepts on
the command line, and their --help text. See Options.
- This file provides entries for
gcc.c which override the default of giving an error that a
compiler for that language is not installed.
- This file, which need not exist, defines any language-specific tree