23.2 General gnatcheck Switches
The following switches control the general gnatcheck behavior
- Process all units including those with read-only ALI files such as
those from GNAT Run-Time library.
- Progress indicator mode (for use in GPS)
- List the predefined and user-defined rules. For more details see
- Use full source locations references in the report file. For a construct from
a generic instantiation a full source location is a chain from the location
of this construct in the generic unit to the place where this unit is
- Maximum number of diagnoses to be sent to Stdout, nnn from o...1000,
the default value is 500. Zero means that there is no limitation on
the number of diagnostic messages to be printed into Stdout.
- Quiet mode. All the diagnoses about rule violations are placed in the
gnatcheck report file only, without duplicating in stdout.
- Short format of the report file (no version information, no list of applied
rules, no list of checked sources is included)
- Include the compiler-style section in the report file
- Include the section containing diagnoses ordered by rules in the report file
- Include the section containing diagnoses ordered by files and then by rules
in the report file
- Verbose mode; gnatcheck generates version information and then
a trace of sources being processed.
Note that if any of the options -s1,
-s3 is specified,
then the gnatcheck report file will only contain sections
explicitly denoted by these options.