6.3.1 Subdirectories of gcc
The gcc directory contains the following subdirectories:
- Subdirectories for various languages. Directories containing a file
config-lang.in are language subdirectories. The contents of
the subdirectories cp (for C++), objc (for Objective-C)
and objcp (for Objective-C++) are documented in this manual
(see Passes and Files of the Compiler); those for other
languages are not. See Anatomy of a Language Front End,
for details of the files in these directories.
- Configuration files for supported architectures and operating
systems. See Anatomy of a Target Back End, for
details of the files in this directory.
- Texinfo documentation for GCC, together with automatically generated
man pages and support for converting the installation manual to
HTML. See Documentation.
- System headers installed by GCC, mainly those required by the C
standard of freestanding implementations. See Headers Installed by GCC, for details of when these and other headers are
- Message catalogs with translations of messages produced by GCC into
various languages, language.po. This directory also
contains gcc.pot, the template for these message catalogues,
exgettext, a wrapper around gettext to extract the
messages from the GCC sources and create gcc.pot, which is run
by `make gcc.pot', and EXCLUDES, a list of files from
which messages should not be extracted.
- The GCC testsuites (except for those for runtime libraries).