23.2 General gnatcheck Switches
The following switches control the general gnatcheck behavior
- Process all units including those with read-only ALI files such as
those from GNAT Run-Time library.
- Progress indicator mode (for use in GPS)
- List the predefined and user-defined rules. For more details see
- Use full source locations references in the report file. For a construct from
a generic instantiation a full source location is a chain from the location
of this construct in the generic unit to the place where this unit is
- Quiet mode. All the diagnoses about rule violations are placed in the
gnatcheck report file only, without duplicating in stdout.
- Short format of the report file (no version information, no list of applied
rules, no list of checked sources is included)
- Include the compiler-style section in the report file
- Include the section containing diagnoses ordered by rules in the report file
- Include the section containing diagnoses ordered by files and then by rules
in the report file
- Verbose mode; gnatcheck generates version information and then
a trace of sources being processed.
Note that if any of the options -s1,
-s3 is specified,
then the gnatcheck report file will only contain sections
explicitly denoted by these options.