3.17.19 M68hc1x Options
These are the `-m' options defined for the 68hc11 and 68hc12
microcontrollers. The default values for these options depends on
which style of microcontroller was selected when the compiler was configured;
the defaults for the most common choices are given below.
- Generate output for a 68HC11. This is the default
when the compiler is configured for 68HC11-based systems.
- Generate output for a 68HC12. This is the default
when the compiler is configured for 68HC12-based systems.
- Generate output for a 68HCS12.
- Enable the use of 68HC12 pre and post auto-increment and auto-decrement
- Enable the use of 68HC12 min and max instructions.
- Treat all calls as being far away (near). If calls are assumed to be
far away, the compiler will use the
call instruction to
call a function and the
rtc instruction for returning.
- Consider type
int to be 16 bits wide, like
- Specify the number of pseudo-soft registers which are used for the
code generation. The maximum number is 32. Using more pseudo-soft
register may or may not result in better code depending on the program.
The default is 4 for 68HC11 and 2 for 68HC12.