This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Update GCC to autoconf 2.69, automake 1.15.1
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "bkorb at gnu dot org" <bkorb at gnu dot org>, "ibuclaw at gdcproject dot org" <ibuclaw at gdcproject dot org>, "ian at airs dot com" <ian at airs dot com>, "jakub at redhat dot com" <jakub at redhat dot com>, "cmtice at google dot com" <cmtice at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 17:21:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: Update GCC to autoconf 2.69, automake 1.15.1
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, Simon Marchi wrote:
> On 2018-10-30 11:26 p.m., Joseph Myers wrote:
> > This patch (diffs to generated files omitted below) updates GCC to use
> > autoconf 2.69 and automake 1.15.1. (That's not the latest automake
> > version, but it's the one used by binutils-gdb, with which consistency
> > is desirable, and in any case seems a useful incremental update that
> > should make a future update to 1.16.1 easier.)
> Whenever you feel like bumping gcc to 1.16.1, I can take care of binutils-gdb.
Before possibly doing that we should get shared files back in sync again.
I've just applied my changes to shared files (where they went beyond
yours) to binutils-gdb, and also merged a couple of other config/ changes
from GCC to binutils-gdb (and done the consequent configure regenerations
in libdecnumber and zlib). There are also libiberty changes, and changes
to shared various top-level files, that need to be got back in sync. I
haven't examined them in detail but it seems mostly to be changes on the
GCC side needing to be applied to binutils-gdb.
Joseph S. Myers