This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: bit_cast status
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: will wray <wjwray at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "libstdc++" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 19:32:10 +0000
- Subject: Re: bit_cast status
- References: <CAKjnZWoyM=5QjiJHw__iexFpiaY94yoap8RkVUUqJYH9d4ofirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 at 18:40, will wray <email@example.com> wrote:
> std::bit_cast was added to the C++ 20 draft this summer:
> What's the status for inclusion in libstdc++?
> Does anyone have a patch or plans to implement it?
Not as far as I know.
> Are there any blockers or implementation issues?
Just that it needs compiler help.
> Existing implementations use memcpy so are not constexpr.
> The std version will need compiler help to be constexpr.
> Thanks, Will