This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [PATCH] streambuf_iterator: avoid debug-dependent behaviour
- From: Petr Ovtchenkov <ptr at void-ptr dot info>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:23:13 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] streambuf_iterator: avoid debug-dependent behaviour
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E1dkqHr-0008T4-Qa@void-ptr.info> <20170901091037.GW4582@redhat.com>
On Fri, 1 Sep 2017 10:10:37 +0100
Jonathan Wakely <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 24/08/17 12:57 +0300, Petr Ovtchenkov wrote:
> >Explicit do sgetc from associated streambuf. Avoid debug-dependent
> >sgetc (within _M_at_eof()):
> > __glibcxx_requires_cond(!_M_at_eof(),
> > _M_message(__gnu_debug::__msg_inc_istreambuf)
> > ._M_iterator(*this));
> >Increment operators not require not-eof precoditions.
> >Don't unlink associated streambuf if eof detected (in _M_get).
> >Clean logic in postfix increment operator.
> I find it very hard to understand the reasons for this patch. What
> you've written above is too terse for me.
> Are you fixing a bug? If so, do you have a testcase that demonstrates
> the problem, and is fixed by these changes?
Yes, I think I see a bug and I have testcase (at least I think
that I have it). Looks, that François see this issue too
and suggest patch. But I'm not satisfied with it.
My previous suggestion has side effect, that is not acceptable.
I'm trying to find better solution.
> Is this just refactoring, without changing behaviour?
> Finally, and very importantly, do you have a copyright assignment for
> changes to GCC? See https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html#legal
The formal procedure is completed. Thanks.