Re: C++ PATCH for c++/70167, array prvalue treated as lvalue

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Jason Merrill <jason@redhat.com> wrote:
> The issue here was that we've been trying to treat C++
> list-initialized temporaries (which are rvalues) the same as C99
> compound literals (which are lvalues).  This patch distinguishes
> between them so we can treat them each correctly.

This introduced a failure in the libstdc++ testsuite, which was
incorrectly relying on the temporary array backing a
std::initializer_list being static even if the std::initializer_list
is not; in fact they should have the same storage duration.  Fixing
thus.