This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
RE: [Patch ARM] Fix PR target/56846
- From: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at arm dot com>
- To: "'Tony Wang'" <tony dot wang at arm dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <dan at debian dot org>, <aph-gcc at littlepinkcloud dot com>, "Richard Earnshaw" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, "Ramana Radhakrishnan" <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 17:59:59 -0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch ARM] Fix PR target/56846
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000901cfc04f$ee99a5f0$cbccf1d0$ at arm dot com>
> From: email@example.com [mailto:gcc-patches-
> firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Tony Wang
> Hi all,
> The bug is reported at
> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=56846, and itâs about the
> problem that
> when exception handler is involved in the function, then
> _Unwind_Backtrace function will run into deadloop on
> arm target.
The patch (in r215101) can be backported without any change on 4.8 and
4.9 branches. I checked in QEMU with and without the patch on both
branches and it indeed solves the problem.
Testsuite run without regression when compiled with arm-none-eabi
cross compiler and executed on QEMU emulating Cortex-M3.
I also bootstrapped gcc on x86_64-linux-gnu and run the testsuite without
Is it ok for backport?