This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [patch] New std::string implementation
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus at trippelsdorf dot de>, libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 18:03:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] New std::string implementation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141114154330 dot GH5191 at redhat dot com> <20141117120618 dot GC344 at x4> <20141117164343 dot GS5191 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc3OK1cUhZhrgyP=X2R+k0gcVMGFQ+cF1JBY72ZkQq4W4w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 18/11/14 10:45 +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
Looking at all these issues that just pop up inside libstdc++ I wonder
if this whole business will not blow up in our face once out in the wild...
I'm trying to ensure that most of the the pain is dealt with inside
libstdc++ and so users won't have the same kind of issues.
I've got to the point where everything works except programs which use
custom facets. If you create a custom locale with a user-defined facet
in a translation unit that uses the new ABI and imbue an iostream with
that locale, your user-defined facet will not be used, because the
iostream definitions are instantiated in the library using the old
ABI. I've never met anyone who uses custom facets, but that doesn't
mean it's OK for them to not work properly using the new ABI.
So if I add dg-options "-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI" to the last 40 tests
that are failing, everything passes. Maybe that's what I should do for