This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [patch] New std::string implementation
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- To: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus at trippelsdorf dot de>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:43:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] New std::string implementation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141114154330 dot GH5191 at redhat dot com> <20141117120618 dot GC344 at x4>
On 17/11/14 13:06 +0100, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
On 2014.11.14 at 15:43 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
Tested on x86_64-linux and powerpc64-linux, also with
--disable-libstdcxx11-abi to verify all the incompatible changes can
be disabled if needed.
On ppc64 I get:
FAIL: 27_io/basic_ios/copyfmt/char/1.cc execution test
FAIL: 27_io/basic_ios/exceptions/char/1.cc execution test
FAIL: 27_io/basic_istream/extractors_arithmetic/char/exceptions_failbit.cc execution test
FAIL: 27_io/basic_istream/extractors_arithmetic/wchar_t/exceptions_failbit.cc execution test
FAIL: 27_io/basic_istream/extractors_other/char/exceptions_null.cc execution test
FAIL: 27_io/basic_istream/extractors_other/wchar_t/exceptions_null.cc execution test
FAIL: 27_io/basic_istream/sentry/char/12297.cc execution test
FAIL: 27_io/basic_istream/sentry/wchar_t/12297.cc execution test
FAIL: 27_io/basic_ostream/inserters_other/char/exceptions_null.cc execution test
FAIL: 27_io/basic_ostream/inserters_other/wchar_t/exceptions_null.cc execution test
FAIL: 27_io/ios_base/storage/2.cc execution test
I think I've fixed those, I'll post an updated patch soon, but I'm
still working on some fixes for 22_locale/ test FAILs.
The problem I have is that std::basic_ios<C, T> objects (the base
class of all iostreams) have a pointer to an instance of
std::num_get<C, istreambuf_iterator<C, T>> and that type uses
std::string, so needs to be tagged, which would require the entire
iostreams hierarchy to be tagged. I want to avoid that.
Updated patch with fixes asap ...