This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: mt_allocator.cc assumes sizeof(size_t) == sizeof(void *)
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 21:38:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: mt_allocator.cc assumes sizeof(size_t) == sizeof(void *)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <545CE038 dot 5000403 at oarcorp dot com> <545CE454 dot 1000201 at oracle dot com> <545CF9D3 dot 4090404 at oarcorp dot com> <CAH6eHdSPH73OKc7tuDN+tVWS9vkEqmyFVH-NbOy-ZfOnHPn7=A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CE9C431B-D29F-4B7A-A558-56C60680D369 at oarcorp dot com> <C4E733F6-13E5-4CF4-BCE8-BAE1C556D5B9 at oarcorp dot com> <CAH6eHdSxzdnDFN3zzMtnjHcwo3QavN+ybH163Sz5791NsDKkpQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 11/08/2014 04:33 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
Good. Sorry, if I missed some relatively recent development: is now GCC
installing its own stdint.h on *all* the supported targets, thus we can
safely assume it's unconditionally available? For many years a few
"exotic" targets didn't have their own and couldn't get a stdint.h...
On 8 November 2014 15:30, Joel Sherrill wrote:
This didn't compile. Ended with an error about requiring C++11 in a header file. This code is in a c++98 subdirectory so it dues make sense. I can't cut and paste it at home.
Yep, that makes sense, I'd just stick with stdint.h