Re: --std vs __intN

On Fri, 6 Jun 2014, DJ Delorie wrote:

The USE macro may not be needed, making them equivalent to
defined(MACRO_GIVING_THE_TYPE) seems good enough to me.

I was following the USE_INT128 macro style from before.

Ah, ok.

The other macros provide type, bitsize, min, max, and umax.

Seems like a lot. Since gcc only supports 2's complement, min is -max-1 for signed type and 0 for unsigned, it doesn't need a macro. Etc. But I agree that's a detail.

In my opinion, we don't need to preserve that __STRICT_ANSI__ behavior.

That implies testsuite changes though...

Yes. That's my point, it may be better to change a couple minor things in the testsuite instead of making something too complicated in the library.

--
Marc Glisse