Re: Four times faster printf %e for num_put

On 15 January 2014 06:33, Povilas Kanapickas wrote:

> As of now, it's not clear whether the design makes sense to the
> maintainers at all. Without some kind of 'go ahead' feedback, I'm a bit
> reluctant to put further work into it. Legal prerequisites are under way
> though.

Understood.  In principle I think it's a good idea and would not be
opposed to something like that in libstdc++ (I'd certainly like to see
num_put be faster than printf!) but even as a proof-of-concept I don't
want to review the code without a copyright assignment in place,
certainly not during Stage 3 when we're busy chasing bugs :-)