Re: Rb tree node recycling patch

On 01/08/2014 02:34 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
Hi,

On 12/27/2013 07:30 PM, François Dumont wrote:
Note that this patch contains also a cleanup of a useless template parameter _Is_pod_comparator on _Rb_tree_impl.
The useless parameter is a remnant of an attempt at exploiting the EBO for _Rb_tree_impl. At some point Benjamin got a patch from a contributor but then had to quickly revert it just in time for the ABI freeze because it didn't work. Evrything is recorded in the mailing list. Anyway, whatever we do now (more exactly, post 4.9) let's make sure we don't break the ABI inadvertently, or, if we actually decide do that, we should reconsider the EBO.

About the node recycling idea itself, we got a closely related Bugzilla. Is it *exactly* the same issue, or not? Please double check.

Paolo.
.

Could you point me to the bugzilla entry you are mentioning ?

François