Re: Make the 2 versions of delete more similar

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Christopher Jefferson wrote:

On 2 October 2013 13:28, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr> wrote:
Hello,

I don't understand why those 2 files differ by more than 1 extra argument,
so I am changing that.

Bootstrap and testsuite on x86_64.

2013-10-03  Marc Glisse  <marc.glisse@inria.fr>

        * libsupc++/del_op.cc (operator delete): Don't test for 0 before
free.

Just checking, for the nervous:

Is the plan that this change will not effect any code behaviour (as
correct implementations of free are happy to take a NULL pointer, and
not do anything)?

Yes. As far as I can tell from the logs, there was a massive change from if(p)free(p) to just free(p) that missed this file, while the patch on how to declare free missed the other.

--
Marc Glisse