Re: [Patch] Refractor Thompson matcher

Hi again,

I reverted the commit and tested that mainline is fine again.

Just to clarify how we normally handle these issues in v3: *temporarily*, to avoid the linkage issues which broke the bootstrap today, all the non-template functions must be inline, even if large. In the past normally we had the definitions of such functions in *.tcc files, thus explicitly inline, with FIXME comments. I think it makes sense to do this for regex too. In any case, as soon as the design stabilizes all such functions shall be exported by the dynamic library, thus in practice all the definitions will be moved to src/c++11/*.cc files.

Thanks,
Paolo