Re: [Bug libstdc++/56430] In __airy: return-statement with a value, in function returning 'void'.

Hi,

for now only a few words about your first two points (goes without saying that further contributions from you about the special functions TR or anything C++11 and C++14 are more than welcome!)

>On 06/13/2013 04:30 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>> On 06/13/2013 02:38 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>>> If we really have to add a testcase - I'm not sure - please double
>>> check that it passes testing with -Wall, no unused vars.
>> Patch as went in had still the testcase wrong, triggering at least 3
>> warnings with -Wall. All in all, I decided to also remove the
>> additional functions: it doesn't make sense to add *now* functions to
>
>> tr1, which otherwise is deeply in regression fixes only mode. And
>> certainly not under a completely unrelated PR.
>>
>> Paolo.
>>
>1. Fine. I get fixing just the PR and not conflating things.
>
>2. How do you test with Wall?  Do you just test just the library with
>Wall or the whole build?
>I've tried several 'make check-libstdc++ RUNTESTFLAGS="-Wall"', etc.
>and
>no dice.

There are many ways of course. Some more elegant than others. Normally I just do, in the library build directory: make check CXXFLAGS="-02 -g -Wall -Wno-unused-local-typedefs". It should be clean. I strive to keep it like that. Actually it used to be clean without the latter -Wno-* too , patches welcome, as usual ;)

More generally if you stay in the build directory everything should work rather predictably and naturally (in terms of *nix common sense): make clean works; make + CXXFLAGS works for building .so and .a, etc.

Paolo