Re: C++14 implementation status

On 06/10/2013 02:08 PM, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr> wrote:
   void f(int n, void *p=alloca(n));
Before anyone uses this as an example, it is really wrong to use
alloca inside a parameter list.  The alloca allocation might interfere
with pushing parameters on the stack for function calls.  This was at
least true for older compilers but I think it's still a valid concern.

So it looks like compiler magic it is. Is the always_inline trick still a possibility?)

Also, I think I would like our implementation to fail over to heap allocation if the size request is too large for a stack frame.
Finding a meaningful upper limit of stack frame size might be a trick.