This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Fwd: Re: [C++14,v3] make_unique for C++14
- From: Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd at verizon dot net>
- To: "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:01:25 -0400
- Subject: Fwd: Re: [C++14,v3] make_unique for C++14
- References: <5176A173 dot 4070203 at verizon dot net>
On 04/23/2013 10:39 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 23 April 2013 15:29, Ed Smith-Rowland <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On 04/23/2013 09:51 AM, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
I couldn't resist putting together a patchlet for make_unique for C++14.
Did we ever decide on a guard macro for C++14 library? I didn't put a
guard around this.
OTOH, this could magically appear in C++11.
Built, tested on x86_64-linux.
Nevermind... it needs more work. I just saw the actual paper
http://isocpp.org/files/papers/N3656.txt. I shouldn't work off of a rumor
I'll be back...
N.B. I already have a patch and tests for this, so only bother if
you're really keen!
Go for it...
My main interest is not in C++14 per se (except for the library literals
- unless you have those too ;-) - but in filesystem.
I mean I'm interested in C++14, I'm just not far enough along in
<optional> to put that up if someones totally got it.
BTW, what happened to <any> or string_view?