Re: [C++ Patch] for c++/54537

Hi,

On 11/14/2012 10:04 PM, Fabien Chêne wrote:
My apologize to come back after such a delay. The patch is almost ready, I was just wondering if we could add the specialization template<> inline double pow(double __x, double __y) { return std::pow(__x, __y); } (in tr1/math.h) instead of relying on the generic version, it passes testing as well. I doubt that it will change something, but perhaps it could be the case for unoptimized builds, I don't know (and I didn't take the time to check). Anyway, I find it a bit unusual, so just take it as a suggestion. I'll submit the patch with the version that you prefer.
Since we came to the conclusion that removing the overload for (double, double) worked, let's just do that and be done with it. Then we have a few months before the release to make sure that we aren't regressing, safe enough for this legacy TR1 stuff, IMO.