Re: Implement Pareto distribution as an extension.

Hi,

On 09/20/2012 04:10 AM, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
All,

This is an implementation of the Pareto distribution as a Gnu extension.
Patch looks generally Ok to me. If Ulrich and the other interested parties don't have anything to add over the next 24 hrs or so, let's go ahead and thanks again!

At some point we should: document the extensions somewhere in the docs; manage to actually minimally test the shape of the distributions. As you may have noticed, as part of fixing a bug, some time ago I did a bit of work for the discrete distributions (using other GNU code) but for continuous distributions I did nothing: if I remember correctly, we should first figure out / import a basic integration routine and then build on it. By the way, if in the future you happen to add discrete distributions please make sure to exploit the existing infrastructure!!!

Maybe Ulrich has ideas about testing?!?

Thanks,