Re: PR 44436 Associative containers emplace/emplace_hint

Typo: emplate.
Ok to commit ?
I say let's just wait another couple of days for more comments and then let's go ahead. Patch looks fine to me (thanks again!) and we want the code to be available if we want to catch subtler issue in time for the release of 4.8.0. Personally, I'm mostly a bit nervous about the various const-ness changes, but we should be Ok in terms of testing, because in C++11 the various insert and emplace take const_iterators. I'm thinking: remember to run the performance testsuite, it should provide quite a bit of additional testing of the old insert calls.

Oh well, if you are willing to mechanically add the new functions to the profile-mode code too, it would be great. Otherwise I can certainly do it.

Thanks,
Paolo.

I don't worry with the constness modifications, I simply realized that those methods where always invoked with _Base_ptr and not _Const_Base_ptr. As it allows to remove a const_cast in _M_insert_ I prefer to simplify the code.

I will run performance tests and the check the profile mode. It should be ready when we decide to apply the patch.

François