Re: arch-specific template code

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com> wrote:
> maybe we could handle first some of those
> straightforward cases which you presented earlier, which simply add
> __generate (double*, double*, ...)

I deliberately didn't do that.  A patch to just add specializations
could have added an #include to the end of <random> and <ext/random>
and be done.  What I wanted to show is that this is not sufficient.
The patch I submitted adds the infrastructure to handle the more
generic case as well as cleaning up the arch-specific code from a
generic header.  Just imagine if every architecture with vector
support adds their own code to the generic files.