This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [patch] [gcc/libgcc/ada/libstdc++] Match arm*-*-linux-*eabi* for ARM Linux/GNU EABI
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCJ-patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:10:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] [gcc/libgcc/ada/libstdc++] Match arm*-*-linux-*eabi* for ARM Linux/GNU EABI
- References: <4FE854B6.email@example.com> <4FE86608.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4FE88FF5.email@example.com> <4FE8D88D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 25/06/12 22:30, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 25.06.2012 18:21, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> On 25.06.2012 15:22, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>>> On 25/06/12 13:08, Matthias Klose wrote:
>>>> gcc/config.gcc now allows matching arm*-*-linux-*eabi* instead of
>>>> arm*-*-linux-*eabi for ARM Linux/GNU EABI. This changes the matching in various
>>>> other places as well. arm-linux-gnueabihf is used as a triplet by some
>>>> Ok for the trunk?
>>> now that all arm-linux ports are EABI conforming, why can't this just become
>> I assume it could. But I didn't check for other places where this would be needed.
> $ grep -r 'arm[^_]*eabi' . |egrep -v 'ChangeLog|\.svn/'|wc -l
> this seems to be a larger change, which should have been committed when the old
> abi targets were deprecated. I'd like to get the eabi* change in first.
Removal of the FPA support is still ongoing, but beware that it doesn't
mean that all supported ARM configurations will be EABI conforming (some
configurations did not use the FPA and are thus not affected by this
change); but all ARM Linux configurations will be.