This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Prevent double free in basic_string
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: tlknv <tlknv at yandex dot ru>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:22:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: Prevent double free in basic_string
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
.. at this time in my opinion we should not fiddle with delicate
details of the reference-counted implementation, it should be considered
largely frozen besides fixing regressions (eg, caused by stronger
optimizations) and experimentally implementing C++11 features (the
latter because we started to do that consistently with the containers, I
wasn't sure, at that time). This, as a matter of general policy, even if
the patch were in principle correct.