Re: Prevent double free in basic_string

.. at this time in my opinion we should not fiddle with delicate details of the reference-counted implementation, it should be considered largely frozen besides fixing regressions (eg, caused by stronger optimizations) and experimentally implementing C++11 features (the latter because we started to do that consistently with the containers, I wasn't sure, at that time). This, as a matter of general policy, even if the patch were in principle correct.