Re: [Mingw-w64-public] [Mingw-users] Fwd: Thoughts on supporting the C++11 thread library on Windows

2012/5/9 Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net>:
> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Ruben Van Boxem
> <vanboxem.ruben@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> That said, a new threading model is great, but essentially unusable on
>> Windows XP. Which today might be a problem for people distributing binaries.
>> They'll have to build two versions (as I've said before) and confuse their
>> users even more than the usual 32-bit/64-bit drama people still experience.
>
> MS announced end of XP support in less than 2 years...
> We are going to have this model through at least 2017 :-)
>
> -- Gaby

Yes, then we are free to drop XP support ;)
Well, seriously.  It is hard to believe, but there are still Win9x
users running in the wild.  So it will take for sure much longer that
XP support can be dropped finally.

Kai