Re: [Mingw-w64-public] Thoughts on supporting the C++11 thread library on Windows

Hi Gaby!

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis
<gdr@integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM, K. Frank <kfrank29.c@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> However, as noted in my previous post, I have happily done some
>> (limited) windows-api threading programming with Ruben's build
>> (and also did the windows-api threading programming necessary
>> to implement <thread>), all, I guess, with a gcc build built using
>> --enable-threads=posix, so what then does --enable-threads=win32
>> actually do?
>
> See TDM's build (which is --enable-threads=win32)

I've used a couple of TDM's builds in the past (but I'm not sure I
ever used it with threading, unless maybe a few simple test
programs with Qt's QThread, and such).  But I haven't noticed
any difference (other than, I would suspect, pthreads not working).

So what does --enable-threads=win32 vs. --enable-threads=posix
actually do?

> -- Gaby

Thanks.

K. Frank