Re: [v3] Update Solaris baselines for GCC 4.7

On 01/30/2012 07:25 PM, Rainer Orth wrote:
That's due to the way gld linker scripts work: every entry there just works like sort of a wildcard: if the symbol is present in the input objects, it is bound to the respective symbol, if it's missing, this is silently ignored.
I know that.

I'm trying to understand why on Solaris you didn't see abi_check errors, because for sure on Linux those operators are in the baselines and normally exported, isn't just about the linker script. I repeat one last time: on Linux we started exporting the symbols @3.4.5, and for real, isn't just that the linker script mentioned the symbols. Then, we (or Jakub) updated the Linux baselines many times, and the baselines always included those symbols. There is nothing special going on on Linux. How you can profitably use this information to understand what't going on on Solaris, I don't know exactly.