Re: cxx-mem-model merge [6 of 9] - libstdc++-v3

On 11/08/2011 12:05 AM, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

So, what DO we do if there is no basic level of atomic
support...
I just realized I may be feeding you an inconsistent
configuration, see the atomicity stuff in
libstdc++-v3/config/cpu/cris.  Is that just obsolete and unused
now or what do I need to add for that to work?

You don't need to do anything there. I think that atomicity stuff will soon be obsolete, but bkoz will have to answer that question.

It looks to me like that was some gnu atomic extentions which predate atomic support in the standard. In theory, that would all be able to go away or be integrated into the gcc machine description with the modern patterns, if its not already there.

I expect that for the next release we'll manage to get rid of all the little warts and uses of older mechanisms that are sprinkled around.

bkoz: As relates to the existing problem, how is the legacy support invoked in compatibility-atomic-c++0x.cc? That has the old style implementation of atomic_flag with a lock, which would allow this target to compile... which is another option perhaps. or is that purely for pervious releases somehow?

Andrew