Re: Need locale help

On 12/06/2010 10:36 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
Sounds as though you've gone to a lot of unnecessary effort.

Which Linux distro are you using? You should simply be able to install
the relevant locale files and it will all just work.
I am using Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring. I have install all the locales, except one that is missing on my distro but that is not the one used in the test I try to fix. The test I am trying to fix do not involve only the locale objects but also the messages that are in libstdc++-v3/po and that are put in build folder to be used by messages tests.
The ieee implementation meant for Solaris. IIUC, it's *only* for Solaris.
Really! This is not documented and IMO the implementation based on catopen/catget is supperior to the gnu one based on textdomain/gettext for the reasons I have already explained.

But if you say that I shouldn't waste my time on those failing tests, fine, I will move to something else.

Regards