Re: debug container move patch

On 09/19/2010 09:51 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 19 September 2010 20:46, Paolo Carlini wrote:
On 09/19/2010 09:39 PM, François Dumont wrote:
IMO we should stay on a pure technical level. libstdc++ lets you use
both debug and normal containers at the same time and moreover debug
containers inherit from normal ones. So libstdc++ users are able to do
things like building normal containers from debug, even if it is
source of problems sometimes, and thanks to some already added
constructors they are able to do the opposite. Whether they are going
to do so or not is secondary.
Actually, I think it's primary, I don't think we should not be
distracted by possible uses which are not documented anywhere and nobody
expect us to fully support.
I agree. If it would be a "source of problems sometimes" then it's a
problem, period.
Ok, I will leave the lib in its current state then. I simply hope that one day it will be possible to transform those problems in compilation errors as we already know that some relations between normal and debug containers are evil (vector).

I concentrate on debug forward_list !