Re: [patch] localization testing

On 09/15/2010 09:49 PM, François Dumont wrote:
> Thanks for applying it.
>
> However I was about to submit again myself because I have noticed that
> I forget to uncomment a line in libstdc++.exp that remove the source
> file after compilation. A minor issue but there is no reason to keep
> this file once compiled.
Sure. I will apply your incremental patch momentarily, thanks.
> About my weird test failures. I am using Linux Mandriva but I don't
> think it has something to do with the distrib. I think my message
> issues are rather coming from the way I launch tests. Once I called
> 'make' and 'make install' from the gcc folder I move to the generated
> gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/ to do the 'make
> check'. Maybe I should launch check from gcc folder directly.
Normally I launch it from one level above, from libstdc++-v3 that is.
But should not make much difference. Or, for comparison, another fully
supported place you can try is from the root of the build dir, as part
of C++ testing, as make check-c++.
> Moreover I noticed that I was missing xgettext or msgfmt command to
> generate libstdc++ catalog. I have install those tools and it is still
> failing but I should perhaps rebuild everything from scratch.
>
> For the monetary format when I imbue the ostringstream with the
> 'de_DE' locale rather than the 'es_ES' one the test is passing. Maybe
> my distrib has a wrong setting for es_ES.
I see... let me know if you figure out something more. I'll also give
the issue some thought.

Thanks,