Re: gcc-4.5.1 failing test: FAIL: abi_check

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:15, Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com> wrote:
> On 08/30/2010 05:12 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>> On 08/30/2010 04:48 PM, Tom Browder wrote:
>> But are you seeing or not many unsupported tests, many more than 11,
>> when you run make-check? These are the normal results, scroll down:
>>
>> ? http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2010-08/msg02971.html
>>
>> you see:
> Sorry, the above are for current 4.6.0, and you are building 4.5.1.
> Anyway, the main point is the same, this is an example for 4.5.2, for a
> system where the locale model is *wrong*, should be similar to your
> case, ~340 unsupported:
>
> ? ?http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2010-08/msg02912.html

This is from your link above:

Running target localhost/-m64

		=== libstdc++ Summary ===

# of expected passes		7055
# of expected failures		95
# of unsupported tests		343

This is what I am getting:

                === libstdc++ Summary ===

# of expected passes            7058
# of unexpected failures        1
# of expected failures          95
# of unsupported tests          341

> If you have many more unsupported, then your locale model is wrong, is
> generic instead of GNU. In any case, post your libstdc++.log, maybe
> better compressed, and somebody will diagnose for you what's going on.

So it looks like I'm close except for the abi_check.  And I'll look
into the gnu versus generic locale model anyway (BTW, my hosts are
Debian and Ubuntu so I used those locale installation instructions.)

But first I'll try a rebuild and retest.

I'll report back.

-Tom

Thomas M. Browder, Jr.
Niceville, Florida