Re: libstdc++ and race detectors

On 07/14/2010 10:57 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> My preference would be to do it like that rather than adding yet
> another level of indirection to our atomics.

Agreed. But then I'd like to see a one-line comment at each appearance
of _GLIBCXX_SYNCHRONIZATION_HAPPENS_* pointing to c++config. And a few
lines in the doc too would be appreciated, also because normally the
_GLIBCXX_* macros are set automatically at library build time and this
case may be different.

Anyway, I think we need also to add the macros to rc_string_base.h,
where everything is in templates without instantiations in the .so - no
problem - like the shared_ptr case. I think we are going to have
troubles for some locale classes and also for ios_base::Init::~Init.

By the way, remember that stylistically the open curly bracket always
begins a new line.