Re: [v3] libstdc++/44413 (for ext/vstring)

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com> wrote:
> On 06/09/2010 03:52 PM, Doug Semler wrote:
>> I don't see it.
> By the way, concentrating for the moment on 64-bit, I would appreciate
> if you could be more explicit about the kind of code you would like to
> see. It looks like you are keeping something for yourself, maybe it's
> just an impression... Thus, if you have a legal reason for doing that, I
> understand of course, otherwise, since you seem to have pondered the
> issue much more than me, I would appreciate a bit more explicitness.

I was not the original poster/requester/suggester/whatever and just
jumped in the middle of the conversation :)

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression --- the comment "I don't see it"
was directed at the optimization attempt itself...I don't have any
ideas myself ;-)

That being said, my interest in the compiler is on the 32 bit *and* 64
bit windows side (iow x86 family), and seeing something that hurts one
side with only minor benefits on the other side makes me want to at
least say something.