This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: PATCH: Support Sun symbol versioning in libstdc++-v3
- From: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:58:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Support Sun symbol versioning in libstdc++-v3
- References: <yddocjek7pg.fsf@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
* Rainer Orth wrote on Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 03:51:39PM CET:
> It had been long on my agenda to support symbol versioning in libstdc++
> with the Sun linker (where all this symbol versioning originated back
> during the Solaris 2 ABI program in Solaris 2.5).
Your patch adds a build dependency on perl on Solaris, which should be
noted in install.texi alongside the note for Darwin.
Glancing at v3/src/Makefile.am, I think that $(version_dep) should be
listed in CLEANFILES, although that issue was present before your patch