Re: unsafe STL patch

Hi,
> About the validity of the idea, aren't we going to lose debug mode
> power. IMO no we do not lose anything as we remove the debug layer
> around already validated iterators, we know that they belong to the
> same container and that __first <= __last so the loop in
> _M_initialize_dispatch cannot fail.
Ok, makes sense. Thus, I think the most urgent issue now would be the
Copyright assignment paperwork, because a patch covering all the
containers, range constructors and modifiers, is certainly rather
mechanical but very big. And of course I hope you would like to
contribute also outside debug-mode: frankly I can easily imagine more
urgent issues than speeding-up some of the debug-mode member functions...

Thanks,