Re: New const char* ctor for C++-0x

Jonathan Wakely wrote:
2009/12/23 Ed Smith-Rowland:
+ const char * str01 = "010101000011";
+ std::bitset<n1> bit01(str01);

Wouldn't this have passed anyway, without the new constructor? I believe the point of the new constructor is to avoid the overhead of creating a std::string, but this test doesn't verify that. How about a type with a conversion to char* so that it would take too many conversions to go via the std::string constructor?

I actually tried it under C++-03 by accident and it didn't like illegal conversion from pointer to unsigned long.
It didn't try the string ctor.