Re: New libraries and features for g++ 4.5.

Germán Diago wrote:
Hello. I cannot find too much updated information about gcc 4.5 in general.

I saw from svn the inclusion of threads and futures. Are they usable right now?
And I would like to know if the things that are being included from
the c++0x library
are usable once they're in svn, or they're just highly experimental.
Thanks in advance.

I'm also interested if lambda expressions and constexpr are coming in gcc 4.5.
Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure where constexpr is but lambda is moving right along: Check it out here: http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/branches/cxx0x-lambdas-branch/. I've built and run some interesting cases with lambdas. They may be waiting to see what the next draft of the standard looks like after the concepts fall-out.

The new library components are experimental but not 'very'. They should be usable and we would really want people to use them and report problems. They are checked in with test cases that should pass.

Personally I haven't used the thread and future, etc libraries much. I've used all the containers in programs. I've used random.

Ed