This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [PATCH 2/N] LIBTOOLFLAGS, and *_LINK fixes for Automake 1.11
- From: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>
- To: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:47:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/N] LIBTOOLFLAGS, and *_LINK fixes for Automake 1.11
- References: <20090815112928.GB5396@gmx.de> <20090815113216.GB20172@gmx.de> <4A97E1D1.email@example.com> <4A97E545.firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Dave Korn wrote on Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 04:10:13PM CEST:
> > Is it possible that this patch is related to a problem I'm experiencing on
> > HEAD (r151124) where LTLDFLAGS in libstdc++-v3/src appears no longer to be
> > used in the final link of libstdc++.la?
> > It used to be that LTLDFLAGS was included in CXXLINK, which was used in the
> > rule for linking libstdc++.la, but now that rule uses libstdc___la_LINK
> > instead. Is it perhaps the case that both LTLDFLAGS and CXXLINK are now
> > obsolete in the v3 makefiles and don't need to be defined at all?
Aww darn. That patch was borked too. :-/
seem affected, too.
> Not that I'm suggesting for a minute that the right thing to do for me
> wouldn't be to use libstdc___la_LDFLAGS instead; I'm just curious if those two
> definitions can be removed.
Curious what you used to detect this. I would like to make sure I
haven't overlooked any other instances; I'll work on it this weekend
(unless you beat me to it).
Thanks for the report,