Re: [RFC] optional fast iterators for set/map in libstdc++

implemented using only 2 bits rather than 16 bytes of overhead (and then
you can in principle get rid of the parent pointer, and end up actually
saving memory).

Thanks Paolo. Then I also suggest exploring other ways to implement the same basic idea.

I'm not sure about the speed benefits of threaded
trees, but +33% in the overhead is quite dramatic.

I agree. Yesterday I also noticed it just before going to sleep and figured out that, in any case, this can't be enabled unconditionally, but was too tired to type ;)

Paolo