Re: [c++0x] nested_exception

2009/5/2 Paolo Carlini:
> Hi,
>> should nested_execption be defined as part of libsupc++ ?
>>
>> It doesn't look like it needs to be in libsupc++, it uses
>> exception_ptr, but none of the cxa_ ABI features ... but currently for
>> it to be defined by including <exception> I think it has to be in
>> libsupc++, is that right?
>>
> I'm not sure to understand your explanation: many other library headers
> include <exception> and use facilities declared there, just grep to have
> a quick idea. Or you meant something else?

What I mean is that adding std::nested_exception to <exception> will
make it part of libsupc++, because <exception> is part of libsupc++.

My point is that std::nested_exception doesn't seem like an essential
part of libsupc++, it is not necessary for basic language support
(like operator new and std::bad_exception), it's easy to implement as
a pure library feature, with no runtime support.

But since nested_exception is defined in chapter 18 maybe it's right
for it to be in libsupc++.