This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: PATCH RFA: Make hashtable::clear return quickly if table is empty
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:20:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH RFA: Make hashtable::clear return quickly if table is empty
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <49D090B8.email@example.com>
Paolo Carlini <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> PS: Careful, two more of those and you will be officially appointed
> maintainer of the unmaintained library code ;)
Fortunately I only have one more patch, which I will send shortly.
> PPS: A tad more seriously: we badly lack testcases in some areas, thus,
> in the future, please consider exercising a bit the code paths you will
> be touching...
I will include a test case with the next patch, which deserves one.
The last two patches were optimization tuning, really, so it didn't
occur to me to include test cases.