Re: RFA: Avoid simulator timeouts on more libstdc++ tests

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> Paolo Carlini wrote:
>
> > I was rebuilding with the last changes, and noticed only today (sorry!)
> > a couple of things: the first one, really trivial, is that apparently
> > you didn't change the Copyright years, adding 2009 (or 2009 *and* 2008.
>
> I'm sorry; I'll add 2009 today.  I don't know of a rule about adding
> years in which no changes were made, but I can certainly do that if
> people think it's the standard practice.

I don't believe there's a rule requiring the addition of such years, but
FSF recommended practice is to add the new year to every file in the
package at the start of the year and forget about doing so thereafter.
(This would obviously require significant scripting effort to set up so we
can just run a command to update all the years at the start of the year in
future.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com