This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: more non-useless destructors desired
- From: Kenny Simpson <theonetruekenny at yahoo dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 23:07:30 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: more non-useless destructors desired
- Reply-to: theonetruekenny at yahoo dot com
> > Is there some reason why these should not have
> explicit destructors too? Is it too late to add them due to
> ABI issues?
> first blush, I believe this change could be doable, because
> destructors already exist and are exported by the library
> anyway, only
> as "W" instead of "T". Did you
> experiment already with actually
> declaring / defining such destructors in stdexcept /
I did experiment with putting the destructor declarations into stdexcept and doing a few test cases with compiling bits of code against the alternate header. That all worked and had the expected resulting symbol tables and runtime binding behaviors - e.g. typeinfo/vtable symbols emitted as 'U' and resolved against the weak symbols from libstdc++.
Are there any specific experiments you had in mind?