Re: [c++0x] std::thread fixes

Chris Fairles wrote:
> Most of these changes were previously discussed via private email and
> on the list as well. As for the ABI, I don't see the gnu.ver changes
> for the __start_thread  to _M_start_thread change and
> _Thread_data_base rename as well.
To be clear: when, in v3 we say ABI, we don't mean only the exports from
the .so, we mean in general anything potentially affecting
interoperability between objects built with old and new library headers.
Thus, for example, changing the size or the layout of a class of the
library usually breaks the ABI (unless is only inside the .so and not
visible externally). This is not so strict of course for the
experimental C++0x features, but, for instance, adding or removing a
member from std::vector would be an *extremely* serious bug. There is
something in the docs too.